Tuesday, May 15, 2012

color blocking with blues

Happy Tuesday ladies!

I am little late posting my outfit from yesterday because I have been shamelessly watching The Vow while crying my eyes out and trying to drink my afternoon coffee.    
While watching this movie, my ears fell in love with this song.  It's called Nothing Was Stolen by Phosphorescent.  Give this tune a listen!



Anyways enough about romantic movies, here is the outfit I wore yesterday!  Since the weekend was extremely busy, I wanted something very calm & casual for my Monday afternoon.  I wanted to wear my new Gap cardigan that I found at the outlet so instead of pairing it with my coral colored pants or white crop pants, I went with my light blue pants.  


Color blocking is the main focus of this outfit and I love the two blue hues together.  I am also glad that I paired a white t-shirt to keep the two colors separate and to keep my outfit very casual.  


If you wanted to add a pop of color, I would suggest putting a red or coral color shirt underneath.  You could also add a striped shirt underneath the cardigan to add a little bit of pattern to your outfit!   


Here is my arm candy for the day :)
 

My Outfit:
Cardigan: Gap Outlet
T-Shirt: Loft
Necklace: Forever 21
Broken in Straight: Gap
Shoes: Payless Shoes

If you have tried color-blocking in your outfit, how did it go for you?  Did you like it? If so, share!

Lindsey B.

1 comment:

  1. I just watched The Vow too the other night and was crying like a baby haha.
    Good movie choice doll :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete